It’s been a while since we’ve had cake. Last week I couldn’t do anything flour-related because a certain someone forgot to buy flour! (whistling and looking very innocent 😉). I finally got some flour this week and I made a yummy lemon cake. It’s easy and delicious.
- 150 g AP flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 150 g sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla sugar
- 60 g butter
- 1 1/4 dl low fat milk
- 1 egg
- Zest and juice from 2 lemons
- 75 g powdered sugar
Let’s put the stuff together. Dry stuff first:
- Mix flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and vanilla sugar in a bowl.
Now the wet stuff in another bowl:
- Melt the butter and mix that with milk, egg and half the lemon zest.
Then the rest:
- Add the wet stuff to the dry stuff in the bowl. Mix the whole thing well. Use a mixer to get a smooth dough.
- Pour the dough into a greased (or lined with parchment paper) springform pan.
- Bake the cake on the middle rack at 200oC for 30 min. Check up on it after 20 min, it likes to get a little sunburned. Check with at skewer if it’s done.
While it bakes make the drizzle:
- Mix lemon juice, the rest of the zest and powdered sugar. It has to be liquid without lumps. (sifting the powdered sugar is a great thing here)
When the cake is done and out of the oven:
With a skewer, make a fair amount of holes in the cake evenly distributed. Then pour the drizzle over and distribute that over the whole cake. Let the cake rest in the springform pan to cool off completely. It gets a nice and shiny surface that probably prevents it from drying out. (I’m guessing here, it never lasts that long! 😉)
Time to eat! 😉
If you like, you can add some kind of icing or sift powdered suger on top and it looks pretty. I don’t think it’s nessescary, but it’s up to you.
Copyright © 2021 theqraftyquill.com