When someone drops by for coffee it’s nice to give them baked goods to go with it. At least that’s the custom here and if you can’t bake you buy something. If you can bake you do that if you have time. It doesn’t matter if it’s a cake-mix or from scratch. The fragrance alone is enough to put everyone in a good mood. This time it’s an apple crumble. Few things go together better than apples and cinnamon.
Doesn’t it look yummy? Let’s make one!
- 5-6 apples (depending on size. We need to fill the tart pan)
- 200 g sugar (in 2 bowls, 100 g in each bowl)
- 2 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 250 g butter
- 250 g AP flour
- Mix 100 g sugar with the cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a big bowl mix flour, butter and 100 g sugar into a crumble. It should be like pebble sized wet sand. Set aside.
- Peel and deseed the apples. Cut the apples into thin slices (approx. 4 mm. thick)
- Drizzle the cinnamon-sugar over the apples. Toss them around and be sure they each get a coating. They will absorb all the cinnamon-sugar. Transfer the apples to a tart pan (26 cm in diameter).
- Add the crumble and spread it out to cover the apples.
- Put the apple crumble in a pre heated oven 200oC for 30-40 min. until golden brown.
That’s it. When it cools of it’s really tasty with some whipped cream, crème fraîche or maybe a scoop of ice cream. Enjoy!
Copyright © 2021 theqraftyquill.com