Summer means cucumbers. A lot of them! What better way to use some of them than to make tzatziki. Garlic and cucumber goes really well together. Delicious with meat or fish, with a burger, as dip, with enchiladas or burritos, or as is on a piece of toast. There’s a lot of options. This is my favorite so I doubled the recipe. The consistancy should be like dip.
- 1 cucumber, grated (with peel)
- 500 g greek youghurt
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- ½ tsp olive oil
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1-2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp. heavy cream to soften the “bite” if nescessary
- Drain the cucumber for ½-1 hour. Make the dressing while you wait.
- Mix youghurt, crushed garlic, olive oil, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Squeeze the cucumber really good to get as much juice out as possible. Too much juice makes runny dressing.
- Mix the cucumber into the dressing a bit at a time and mix it well.
- Add a bit of lemon juice if you want a sour taste, it doesn’t take much so be careful.
- Is it too sour, add aprox. 1 tsp heavy cream and if that’s not enough add a bit of sugar. Just be careful, too much cream makes it runny.
Copyright © 2021 theqraftyquill.com