This cake is so easy to make it’s great for beginners, kids or someone like me who doesn’t feel like spending hours baking. It’s all about add the stuff, mix well, bake, decorate, done. My kind of cake. Also.. you can cut it up, wrap the pieces really good and let them live in the freezer. Thaws out slowly on the kitchen table. If you want to try baking this, here’s what you do:
240 g all purpose flour
240 g sugar
50 g cocoa powder
1½ tsp natron (sodium bicarbonate)
½ tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp vanila sugar
100 g butter
350 ml buttermilk
Powdered sugar mixed with water or lemon juice or egg white
How to turn it into a cake:
- Turn on the oven on 175oC. Grease the baking tin (mine is 28cm x 17cm x 6cm) with some vegetable oil or butter.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a big bowl.
- Add eggs, softened butter (room temperature) and buttermilk.
- Grab your electric whisk and whisk at low speed for 1 min. Then whisk at high speed for 3 min.
- Pour the dough into the baking tin, place it in the middle of the oven for 30-45 min. Check with a skewer if the cake is done, the skewer should come out clean. If something sticks, give the cake a little longer and try again. When done, take it out of the oven and let it cool.
- Make some glaze and decorate the cake the way you like.
Uhm.. fresh out of the oven and I can’t wait for it to cool all the way down. Don’t care about glazing. I’ll enjoy it just like this. Luke warm, moist and spongy. Really delicious! Here, have a piece ☺
Copyright © 2021 theqraftyquill.com